Sunday, July 24, 2016

Mind Going

I had something very strange happen today.  I went out to the Boar's Head for lunch with Paul.  I was asked if I wanted gravy, mushrooms, and cheese on my fries to which I replied, "No, just groceries."  We all had a good laugh at my expense.  Then, when she brought over the condiments, she said, "Here's your groceries."  I laughed.  But, then I started thinking.  I've heard that, with alzheimer for instance, one of the first signs of the sickness is that one forgets the names of objects.  Now, I didn't forget, and even corrected myself, but I got it totally wrong and all the way out of my mouth before I could stop myself.  Yes, groceries, one of the three ingredients in poutine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.