Sunday, July 24, 2016

General Synod Vote

I would have voted for the motion, begrudgingly.   That being said, what was my reaction?   Well, when I heard that it failed by one vote I was disappointed.   I was disappointed for all the people who had so much invested emotionally,  who would be hurt.  When I later heard that the motion had passed by one vote, I was upset for what the future will bring for the dissenters.   They will be disenfranchised.   I'm afraid that some will be pressured against their conscience under threat of penalty.  It's really loose/loose and Satan is loving it all.
The day of the results from the vote, I drove by a billboard ad that said, "Don't tear down a fence until you know why it was put up first."  An omen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.