Sunday, January 4, 2015

What Was Going On?

The Gospel reading today was the three wise men visiting baby Jesus. This got me thinking.  There are a lot of unanswered questions here.  Who were they and where were they from?  How did they know about the birth of Christ and why was it significant to them being that they were probably not Jews?  Why did they worship Jesus and why did they already know that he was the Lord?  Why was it important that they find Jesus and why was there a star pointing to the baby Jesus?  There's so much we don't know, and yet we just skim over this well know passage.  Some believe they were probably  from the East.  Why did they see this trip as important and what did they know?  You could devote a master thesis to the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.