Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Look @ 'em Differently

Back in my boy scout dreaming of law enforcement career days, I really had a strong dislike for Anarchists.  Yes, they are rebels, but they represented all that was anti establishment to me.  And, I was very much pro establishment.  They're still rebels, but different.  I guess it's too much of a good thing.  See, I'm a conservative with libertarian leanings.  True, college started me on the road to conservatism even as I was so pro establishment.  I still kind of am.  But, I'm big on civil liberties even as I am pro rule of law.  I'm a paradox, a conundrum.  So, while I believe in small government and personal freedoms, anarchy goes too far.  Under social contract theory, we surrender some of our natural rights to be governed for mutual benefit.  This, I recognize, is necessary.  So, Anarchists are still rebels, but now it seems more like they are anti red tape liberal than just anti establishment.  And, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.