Friday, February 19, 2010

Real

William Ramier wrote
at 12:47am
What is real? What is true? Is the Bible just stories? If everything is metaphor, what's the point? Is the Bible all metaphor? St. Paul said that if the crucification and resurrection wasn't real, our faith is pointless. Ask yourself this. If Holy Scripture contains all things necessary to salvation, why would God make it not understandable to the average person? Why would He hide the meaning? That sounds a lot like gnosticism to me. Would He encode it? Make it so that only a scholar could find the meaning? Beyond the understanding of a common fisherman?

1 comment:

  1. Why do we have to try so hard to explain it away, to change the meaning?

    ReplyDelete

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.