Sunday, July 28, 2024

FATHER Strengthen Me

Praying the Penitential Rite for the ninth Sunday after Trinity from the BCP today--a fitting somber Office for my current state of despair and depression due to my work life and family problems--I noticed an occurrence of scripture speaking to me.  

First, the 44th Psalm re-introduced me to the idea that, my successes are not my own.  I owe them to God.  And, I do nothing on my own.

Second, the reading from 1 Corinthians tells us that God will not test us beyond our ability to resist.  Comforting, this is helpful, as I navigate the murky bog waters of disenchantment with my employer and heartbreaking disappointment with family members' self destructive behaviours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.