Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Seven days without prayer makes one weak.

So, I've now gone several days without praying the office.  Sometimes I am too tired, don't have enough time, don't think my heart is in the right place.  The days add up quickly.  I've been negligent.   Sure, I say grace over a meal when I eat and give thanks  for other things, say a quick "forgive me Father" when I catch myself breaking the Golden Rule; but, I don't spend any significant time in prayer when I miss the offices.  Not that you need to pray the Office to spend time in prayer, I just find the Daily Office invaluable.  I gotta get back.  A healthy prayer life is of the utmost importance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.