Saturday, October 24, 2015

Bishop With a Bra

Sounds a bit crass, doesn't it?  I think so.  That's why I took offense to a blurb including the phrase, and I'm paraphrasing, something about understanding when you are celebrating the Eucharist with a slipping bra strap.  Anyway, that's not my point.  SSDJ elected a new Bishop Visitor, and she's a woman.  I understand this.  It makes sense.  After all, I did drive to Michigan to visit a monastery with a convent just down the road in Toronto.  I do get it.  But, part of me wonders if in the world we live in, if a cloistered group of men elected their first male Bishop, would not feminists cry foul?  No rallying cries of a woman can do the job just as well, no better?  The first thought that popped into my head?  Right or wrong?  Liberal.  I don't have a problem with my Bishop having a vagina.  But, with a woman Bishop, she's almost certainly a liberal feminist?  How is she going to minister to all?

On a side note.  I was thinking the other day about Church inclusion.  Do we, as a centre of the road denomination, include conservatives?  Hunters?  Gun owners?  Traditional marriage supporters?  Bible literalists?  Anti pluralists?  By include, I mean more than let them sit in the pew and support financially.  I mean, do we elect them wardens?  Synod delegates?  Make them priests?  Encourage debate and the ever loved liberal maxim embrace change?  Change is inevitable?  We all must learn to change and adapt?  Yeah?  Well, how about you adapt to conservatives and let us back into our Church.

3 comments:

  1. The number of men in main line Churches is dropping. The number on conservatives is at an all time low. Where is our focus? Including liberals, incorporating social engineering policy in doctrine, and propagating anti conservative rhetoric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do people always go too far, like full nudity in gay pride parades? Anyway, said Bishop Visitor above is now in the running with a slew of other candidates for the election of Bishop in the DOH. My hope and prayer to God is that the new Bishop will promote more inclusiveness and bring about the change needed to minister to all.

    Now, please excuse me while I adjust my ball sack.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.