Saturday, September 8, 2012

It Never Rains But it Pours

I used to think stress didn't effect me. Partly because I thought I didn't have any stress in my life--the little things were like water off a duck's back--part of it was that I thought that understanding stress and its effects somehow protected me from it. Maybe it was the it'll never happen to me syndrome. Well, the stress of life is getting to me; I can see it. Pressure at work, lack of money and too many bills, a sense of lack of fulfillment or lack of purpose, and an out of control teenager at home. I thought I had taught her so well. I have discovered that I can't handle the stress of even this one thing; I can't deal with a teenager. It's like trying to run 16 amps through a 15 amp fuse. Or, as Elgin King so eloquently put it, "That's not going to work. You know why? Because I'm sick of people asking me to put ten pounds of shit in a five pound shit bag!" He sure had a way with words…. And, on top of all of it is my faith valley. It never rains but it pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.