Monday, August 10, 2015

If good fences make good neighbours, do good walls make a good mental state?

They say if you're going to pray/meditate/study/relax/unwind you need a quiet place.  It's often recommended.  But, I can't find one.  I like my house, and I have to desire to move.  But, sometimes it's like living inside a bass drum.  The fad now is open concept, especially in small war time cottages.  But, The Greatest Generation knew something we have forgotten about those little rooms with lots of walls.  They knew how to enjoy the space better.  They knew how to get away.  To escape.  I'm looking forward very much to my upcoming stay at St. Gregory's Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't censor me; I am trying to be honest and it is not my intention to offend anybody. If I have offended you personally, I ask you to accept my apologizes, forgive me, and consider not visiting my blog for my benefit.